The Recipe to Bring Your Startup into the Success Gate

Very few entrepreneurs are able to reach the success mark. We are familiar with the fact that only 10% of entrepreneurs could achieve that. What’s their recipe for success? Quite simple, they don’t give up before they meet success!

Apparently, 90% of entrepreneurs always call it quits during the first three years of their startups. Most of them are hopeless on building their quasi-startups, especially for first-time entrepreneurs. They are craving for the perfect startup, but do not know how to make it happen.

What is the recipe to bring your startup into the success gate? There are two things to keep in mind:

  1. Extinguish the flowery startup dream

They say there’s nothing new under the sun. Yet, most startup founders felt that their idea is brand-new and brilliant. We bet that 98% of the problem you want to tackle has already been solved. Thus, you should focus on the remaining 2%. Small odds, indeed. Well, the point is you don’t have to reinvent the wheel to be successful. Even mediocre ideas could bring success for any startup.

  1. The right mentality

This is the only key for startup founders to survive. Entrepreneurs who had failed, do not have the mental stamina to undergo those hard first few years on building a startup. Intense work, strapped, social pressure, and everything else that might force them to give up.

Luckily, you can train your mind to have a stronger mentality. Here’s the guide:

a. Rational optimism

If you’re thinking optimistically, you’ll perform better. However, too optimistic or irrationally optimistic is not a good thing too. When you are overly optimistic, you won’t notice the risks of your business decisions. Stay rationally optimistic. This enables you to actually perceive potential challenges, problems, and setbacks as they arise, while still giving you the positivity and psychological stamina to effectively address the problems.

b. Being honest

An honest entrepreneur will not only build a startup, but also a good company culture. Honesty and ethics are huge components to business success. Cultivate it as your character and into your business values. It literally pays off to be a good person.

c. Stay out from stress

Never stress out. The more stressed out you are, the more lack of creative solutions you bring to the business. Once your brain gets stressed, it causes a chemical reaction that makes it nearly impossible for you to be creative. Yes, you might be facing a lot of stressful events, but don’t sweat any of it. Take it easy!

 

Let’s be honest, the only thing that matters is mentality. Never give up, and be rationally optimistic!

Read also: Why are Hackers an Important Hire for Startups?

~

Article contributed by Startup Jobs Asia‘s Team.

Follow Startup Jobs Asia at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  Linkedin  | YouTube  |  Pinterest