Being an entrepreneur means a lot of hats to be worn in a day. There are times that you have to wear those hats all at the same time. But how will you be able to play a lot of roles at a time? Well, multitasking is the key.
Maybe you are already multitasking yet haven’t been noticing it. Watching the television while texting your friend can be considered one; listening to your chatterbox child while cooking and preparing the ingredients for tonight’s supper is another; or simply just listening to your favorite jazz music while driving can be a form of multitasking as well.
Multitasking is defined as doing two or more different things at the same time.
Everybody has their own multitasking skills. Some are making use of it to be more productive and some are not. However, if you want to be an effective and efficient entrepreneur, you might want to use it for productivity. Since it seems so common in each of us, many are asking, how will I make my multitasking skills smarter?
Well, here are some tips for you.
- Get yourself a watch with a timer. Being sensitive with time, even every single seconds of it can definitely help you with budgeting your time for a certain task. There are times that we tend to pay so much time with every details of a certain thing and tend to forget that the clock is ticking. With the help of this type of watch, you can wisely manage your time.
- Notes. Don’t be afraid of post-its or notepads. They are your friend. Write down the tasks that need to be done and prioritize each. You can take 3 tasks at a time for efficiency and quality.
- Multitask when you don’t have to put a lot of effort. Of course, you wouldn’t want to jeopardize the quality of work delivered because you are in a rush. Learn to prioritize. Accomplish easy things first and then spend more time on the major tasks.
- Know your limits. You are only human. That means, you are a high risk to natural events like forgetfulness, sickness and fatigue. It is inevitable to panic from time to time. Learn your capacities. When you are in panic or is experiencing too much fatigue, errors and mistakes can kick in and might cause your company’s credibility to clients.
- Shout for help when you need one. There are times that we are so comfortable with what we are doing and so accustomed to multitasking that we forget we are in a team. There are other things that you don’t know yet your team mate might know. Yes, you can study them but it takes time and sometimes, asking help from others is the most practical thing to do.
Being an entrepreneur is really tiring. There are times that you need to do all the work and juggle hats every time. But always remember that you have a set of great team members whom you’ve trained and taught a lot. You can count on them. Why stress yourself with things that you can ask help with?
Next Read… The Importance of Being a Social Butterfly
Article contributed by Startup Jobs Asia‘s Team.
Follow Startup Jobs Asia at:
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Linkedin | YouTube | Pinterest