Meeting a lot of people every day in our lives is just normal. We may be introduced to a friend’s friend or get to know someone in a public transportation or even meeting someone you just felt like talking to. For normal people, they just treat this mystery as one of the ordinary events in life. But to some business-minded people, they see this as another opportunity in widening their network. But meeting people is not enough to do this.
You have to be equipped with the right tips on how to convert this meeting into another business opportunity. Here’s how:
- Invest on your introduction. There is a saying that first impressions last. Well, we all know that this is not true to most instances but in this case, it is. It is not enough that a person will like you or talk to you because you look good. Of course, what comes out of your mouth is the main thing here. Introduce yourself in a brief yet very rich introduction. Of course, you don’t want to bore the person you are speaking with, right?
- Think and act as an expert. Confidence is the main thing here. Your knowledge and confidence about the thing that you are talking about clearly shows on how much you know your business, how much you know what you are doing and of course, how confident are you with your product. It is not enough to think that you are an expert, you must make yourself the expert in this matter. Through confidence, your audience will get engaged and you will eventually see that they are with you all throughout your speech.
- Look for a way to standout. Make yourself different from the others. Come up with new ideas on how to get attention from people and also make them engage with the topic. Make them feel that you are genuine yet at the same time humble. Always thank them with their time spent listening to you.
- Be polite and persistent. Being polite and persistent clearly shows how dedicated and passionate you are when it comes to your chosen field. This will also show that you are consistent with what you are doing.
- Make your name reverberate through the crowd. Make use of the technology. If you want to get known by many, use social media as one source. You can start building good relationship with others by joining group discussions, giving out tips and exchanging ideas from one entrepreneur to another. Who knows, there might be someone out there who needs your skills and ideas in joining his business expansion.
- Be authentic. It takes one to know one, as the saying goes. Trying to pose as someone in who you are not can easily be sensed by high-valued individuals. They can smell if you are trying to fake it or then can clearly see, by gestures if you really know what you are talking about. Businessmen are like military canines, they can smell your authenticity from meters away.
Next read…Shy Entrepreneurs… Here’s Some ‘Weapons’ to Use
Article contributed by Startup Jobs Asia‘s Team.
Follow Startup Jobs Asia at:
Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Linkedin | YouTube | Pinterest